Unless you have been living under a rock, we’re sure you have at least heard the term ‘Pop-Up Wedding’. But just in case here’s a quick description.
Pop Up Weddings offer premium wedding services for a fraction of the cost because you are sharing the expense with multiple other couples. The packages often give you an hour, so you and your 30 – 50 guests rock up, you get married, have some photos taken and drink some drinks before heading off to dinner elsewhere. All this will run you around $2000.
Sounds too good to be true? Well it is and it isn’t. If you stick to the basic packages, don’t go over your guest limit and are happy with the 1 hour timeline pop up weddings can offer a huge savings. However the trouble can come when you try to customise the experience, add time, and add dinner with some services actually costing you more than if you decided to go the more traditional route of booking everything yourself.
- It’s Easy
- You Get Top Quality Venues and Service Providers without having to spend time researching or having meetings
- Most are around $1000 – $1500 for the basic packages
- You still need to pay for a reception, even if it’s just a backyard do
- You can only have a small number of guests (normally 25 – 50 guests max)
- You won’t get to pick your suppliers. If you have your heart set on a certain florist, or photographer this will come at an additional coswt and you won’t be discounted for not using the included service
Pop Up weddings are a pretty neat concept, offering stylish no fuss weddings to the easy going bride and groom who just want to get hitched. Just don’t forget about the other expenses such as hair and make up, dress and tux, and transportation.